Wednesday, November 20, 2019

W2 Class 2 November 20

Something happened to the document I posted on sharepoint regarding my plan for the Unit on The Fall of the Roman Empire. I will make it available asap. Please show your parents. My plan will be adjusted somewhat as we go. One thousand years of history offers a massive number of important topics. I am not an expert on this time period, but I love history and will do my best to make it interesting and relevant to us as Christians.

Presentations will begin Friday. Everyone needs to prepare well. I will choose 3 presenters per class during the next three classes. There are two main purposes to this assignment. One is to interest each of you in the lives of the early Christian martyrs and some important teachers, such as Tertullian. I hope we will reflect on lessons that apply to our lives today. The second is to give you an opportunity to gain skill and confidence in public speaking.

To help with this goal, I will give you each a checklist. We'll watch ten minutes of a lecture and you will relate your observations on the checklist. During class presentations, everyone will complete a checklist for each classmate. I will collect and mark these before giving them to each of you. The reason is I expect you to help each other with focused, specific comments, not simply yes/no answers.

Finally, I want the class to think about respect. Fooling around and not paying attention are disrespectful of classmates, teacher, and subject. Think, too, about respecting your parents' hard work and expense to enrol you in Innova. Don't waste your opportunities.


No comments: